Shelterbelt Theatre is committed to diverse and inclusive casting,
and encourages everyone who is interested to audition.
Questions to email@example.com
SCRIPT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
• Shelterbelt Theatre accepts full submissions from Nebraska/Iowa playwrights or any playwright who has attended
Great Plains Theatre Conference.
• Shelterbelt defines Nebraska/Iowa playwrights as those who are currently living and working in these states, grew up in Nebraska/Iowa, or received their degree from a Nebraska/Iowa university or college.
• Playwrights in Kansas, Colorado, and North and South Dakotas may submit 10 page samples of their work,
along with a synopsis.
• Shelterbelt Theatre does not accept unsolicited materials from playwrights that do not fit the above criteria.
• Shelterbelt is an intimate black box theatre that seats 55 guests. The stage is approximately 24' x 16', with no wing
space. Our dressing room space is limited. Playwrights should understand these parameters prior to submission.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR SCRIPT
Prepare your script for submission. We accept scripts in the following file formats:
Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf)
Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
Please include the following in your submission:
A cover page with your contact information including:
A short synopsis of your script.
The script itself!
Optional: Resume and Bio
It's great if you can put all of these into one document!
If you are submitting a musical, please include mp3 files of selections of the music, a cast list with vocal ranges, and what orch-estrations are included with/required for your score. You do not need to submit your score at this time, but we may request it later.
We make every effort to review all submissions, but may not necessarily respond.
Also, please keep in mind that we are a volunteer organization.
If your script is considered for the season, we will contact you.
Email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If snail mailing your submission:
℅ Artistic Director
PO Box 31607
Omaha, Ne 68131
Please do not bind. Scripts will not be returned.
We look forward to reading your work and thank you for sharing with us!